Friday, November 6, 2009

Bubbles, Bubbles, everywhere

I'm haivng some issues with my layup techniques. I haven't fully figured them out yet. Basically, I'm getting a lot of tiny bubbles in my epoxy. I think it's a combination of several factors:
1: I'm not keepign the epoxy warm enough during the wet-out. Solution: Use a hair dryer to keep the temp up
2: My foam prep isn't good enough. I'm not getting good fill with my micro. Solution: Try a slightly thicker micro and make real sure I filled the pores.
3: I'm working the glass to much with the squeegie. Solution: you a lighter touch to get the excess epoxy out and clean the brush more often.

This past week I've been cutting bulkheads out in prep for glassing.
I've got F-22, it's doubler, F-28 and the intrucment panel and cut an dready to go.

This weekend I'm going to do a couple of practice layups with scraps. If they come out ok I'll start glassing airplane parts again.

No comments:

Post a Comment